Thursday, May 19, 2011

Four-handled Beer Mugs

I've not done right by Brussels. My time here (less than 24 hours) was spent either walking to & from the hotel and the train station, relaxing/sleeping in my room, and visiting with Greg for too little time (and too many Belgian beers).

This city seems worthy of understanding... or at least an effort to understand it at the level of cautious tourist. Forgive me, Brussels, but I'm off to next leg of the mis-adventure.

I'm waiting on Track 5 in Brussels Centraal station. Bound for Amsterdam. Tomorrow at this time, I'll be in flight to Bombay (now Mumbai, but Bombay sounds cooler).

Time with Greg exceeded my expectations. We've taken very different routes to the same destinations -- happiness and success.

Which brings me to four-handled beer mugs. About an hour into our conversation, the waiter brought the next round in unique mugs which, together, resembled an octopus. As the waiter walked away, I asked, "what the fuck is this?". 

From those words on, we became our authentic selves. I think we were both pleased to learn what the other has accomplished, and values we have settled on.

God speed, Midnight Rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment