Friday, May 20, 2011

Planes, trains and...

I pledge, from this day forward, NEVER to be impatient with those unfamiliar with air travel. I am now aboard a high-speed train between Rotterdam and Brussels. And I was clueless about how to navigate through this brilliant system... and the signs and announcements in Dutch weren't much help.
To those who use the European rail system often, I'm sure it all makes perfect sense. But today it was  me getting in the way of the commuting natives. I was the dumbass asking all the questions.
So when I find myself encountering Granny as she boards for the Orlando-bound flight (with three toddlers and a soft pretzel), I will remember today, and I shall be patient, helpful and kind.
I am to meet Greg tonight in the lobby of the Renaissance Brussels. Thanks to PriceLine, I will escape the sometimes hostile hostel setting of the past two nights.
For more than two decades, quick thoughts of Greg are inspired by music of the 70s. Greg Allman's "Midnight Rider" never fails to make me smile. But I should probably get Greg's blessing before sharing that particular tale in the past tense.

No comments:

Post a Comment